Saturday 25 October 2008

MPH Warehouse Sale


Books are one of my weakness, and I succumbed to my weakness at the MPH Warehouse Sale in Petaling Jaya today.

In August I bought enough books at the Times Warehouse Books Clearance for the RM1,000 income tax rebate, and told myself that I won't buy books any more till next year.

But when I stepped into the MPH Warehouse Sale today and saw the marked down prices and offers, I went berserk!

This sale is even better than the Times Warehouse Books Clearance.

So I succumbed to my weakness and this is what I bought:


  • Collins Essential English Dictionary (I needed a dictionary in the office and it costs only RM10 for a hardcover)

  • Merde Happens by Stephen Clarke (Clarke's writing is witty and down to earth. I'm currently reading Talk to the Snail and it's hilarious!)

  • Morocco by Lonely Planet (Wanna go there some day, and the book costs only RM10. Imagine a Lonely Planet for RM10!)

  • Temples, Tombs & Hieroglyphs: A Popular History of Ancient Egypt by Barbara Mertz (Egyptology is one of my interests)

  • The Art of War by Sun Tzu (Always wanted to learn military strategy)

  • The New PR: An Insider’s Guide to Changing the Face of Public Relations by Phil Hall (Related to my profession)

  • The Origin of Species by Charles Darwin (Wanted to see what's the Darwin hype all about)

  • The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho (Read The Alchemist and didn't see why it's such a big deal. So wanna give Coelho another chance)

Total damage: RM116


4 comments:

Ladybird said...

I'm so very green with envy :) . How I wish we can have such warehouse book sales here...wishful thinking..great purchases!

Julie Lim said...

Thanks Ladybird :-)

Anonymous said...

hi julie

i was down in KL last weekend and was lucky to find out about the warehouse sale too ! my damage was RM70 only, since i managed to stop myself from a buying frenzy for fear of excess luggage. My partner-in-crime spent around RM270, he had a few lonely planets as well. It was a happy happy day surrounded by books books books :)

Julie Lim said...

Audrey,

I was looking for more Lonely Planet but couldn't find. So had to settle for only one. Your friend is lucky!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...