Monday 10 May 2010

How Headhunters Tempted Me

Even since I started my new job 2 months ago, 3 headhunters have contacted me to "explore opportunities", as what they always say.

One headhunter was looking to fill a senior position while the other 2 were looking for small fry positions. I turned all of them down due to various reasons.

And then the biggest question starts forming in my head:
What if I didn't turn those opportunities down ...?

... which leads to other smaller questions:
  1. What if I had explored the senior position, impressed the interviewers and given a package that is better than what I'm currently getting? Wouldn't I be tempted to leave my 2-month-old employment?
  2. What if I leave my 2-month-old employment to join the new company only to find out that the company is shitty to work for with bosses from hell? Wouldn't it be too late to go begging for my old job back again?
Eventhough I'm happy in my new job, all these "What Ifs" leads to temptation and confusion at the same time!

But I guess I need to stick to the decisions I've made and make the best of it.

What do you think?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...