Thursday 15 March 2018

I've Bought My Ticket to Helsinki

My exams are over (which explains why I didn't update this blog for over a month) and I've finally completed Level 2 of my Chartered Bankers programme. Now I'm looking forward to Level 3 where I have to complete another 3 papers.

I've bought a return ticket to Helsinki (travel in September 2018) on British Airways for MYR2,701.38. That's approximately USD692.00.

In comparison, a colleague who's planning a trip to Hiroshima, Japan in May said that a return ticket on All Nippon Airways (ANA) is around MYR2,300. I told her I could fly to Helsinki which is approximately double the distance to Hiroshima by adding only MYR400.00. I guess my MYR2,701.38 tics to Helsinki is considered a huge bargain.

When the original price was a mere MYR2,473.00, I waited a little longer hoping that the price would go down further. But when it went up to MYR2,701.38, I banged balls and quickly bought 'em damn tics. That was a waste of MYR228.00 for being hopeful. Lesson learnt.

I've drawn out a rough itinerary for my travel and it goes like this: 

Home (Kuala Lumpur) - Helsinki - Tallinn - Riga - Vilnius - Warsaw - Krakow - (fly back to Helsinki and take the overnight ferry to Saint Petersburg) - Saint Petersburg - Helsinki - Home

Total days: 21 days

There are so many places I wanna visit including SuomenlinnaWieliczka Salt MineAuschwitz- Birkenau, The State Hermitage Museum and the list goes on. It's going to be an enriching experience which is why I love to travel.

September, please come quickly!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...