Sunday 11 November 2012

Fridge Magnets from Nepal

During my recent trip to Nepal, I got myself a few magnets: 


 Durbar Square in Kathmandu is a UNESCO World Heritage site. We were there during the Dasain festival and witnessed the slaughtering of a cow and two goats. After that, I swore off mutton and beef and am sticking to good old chicken meat.



 Poon Hill (3,200m) in the Annapurna Region is relatively one of the easiest treks to do. It took us 3 nights and 4 days to hike there and back. The journey was tiring, but the views were worth it. 



More magnets of the Annapurna Region and Nepal map. 



3 comments:

gbeejipp said...

Hi Julie. Cool fridge magnets you've got there. Glad that you did do trekking there. I hope you'll allocate some post for it coz I'm curious to know how it went. :-)

Unknown said...

Hey. Im from kathmandu.. and would like to know where you bought these? Nice collections :)

Julie Lim said...

I bought the magnets from Thamel. They're found in almost every souvenir shop there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...