Friday 27 August 2010

Planning for Syria and Jordan

It's finalised - I'll be travelling to Syria and Jordan next month, and I'm bloody excited about it!

I plan to make Damascus my point of entry. After a couple of days exploring the oldest continuously inhabited city, I'll travel north to Aleppo.

After Aleppo, I'll hop onto the direct bus south to Amman in Jordan. Using Amman as my base, I plan to join ground tours to places like Bethany-Beyond-the-Jordan and Mt Nebo.

After Amman I'll travel further down south to Wadi Musa, the nearest town to Petra, another awe inspiring place that will take your breath away, or so I heard and read about. When I return from my trip I'll tell you whether Petra really lives up to its name as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World.

After Petra I'll head back north to Amman for my flight back to KL.

If you're not sure what Petra is, look here:

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Pic from the internet)


Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Pic from the internet)


Both movies were shot on location in Petra. Now I can hear all the 'Aaahhhh ...s'  :-)

So my journey would look something like this:

(A) Damascus - (B) Aleppo - (C) Amman - (D) Wadi Musa (Petra)


I know I proclaimed to the world about Royal Jordanian offering cheap tickets to the Middle East. But recently I discovered that Kuwait Airways has the cheapest flights instead. A return ticket with taxes would cost around RM2,400 only. Also, Matta Fair is on from 3-5 Sept 2010 at the Putra World Trade Centre and hopefully I can get a damn good ticket deal there. Keeping my fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Raymond said...

Wow....exotic place Julie!

Have a great trip there but becareful ya coz its near to the Gaza Strip and u know how paranoid Malaysia is about that place

Cant wait for u to share with us your trip. Have fun!

Julie Lim said...

Raymond,

It's a pity these exotic places that are so rich in history are marred by violence and unrest. I'll certainly remember to be careful, and have fun at the same time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...