Sunday 29 June 2008

Euro 2008 - Germany All The Way!

The curtain will finally come down early this Monday morning (Malaysian time). This means no more sleepless nights and dozing away in the office the next day.

I have always been an avid supporter of Germany in all the World Cups and European Championships. My late father once told me that the Germans are very focused when they play. They also have a fantastic fighting spirit. If they are down by one goal, and the whistle is about to be blown, they will fight till the end for the equaliser. I saw this clearly when they played Turkey in the Semi Finals. When Philipp Lahm slammed in the winning goal that took Germany to the Finals, I knew that my late father was right. Their nerves of steel makes them a remarkable team to watch.

The Germans have won total of 3 World Cups and 3 European Championships, making them one of the most successful football teams. I hope they will lift the Henri Delaunay trophy again this Monday.

So Germany ... give it your best shot!

2 comments:

khoonthong said...

Morgan,

Yeah great, lost 1-0 to Spain.

I have to admit Spain plays better this time. Germany is somehow lack of energy at the beginning of course but plays better under pressure. It a good game, adrenalin rush since I bet a jug of beer for every goal scored.

Hoping for miracle thru the whole game, disappointed when the refferee whistle in the miutes 87 Germany already in the Spain's box ready to fire the wall/ foul on what? I dont get it?

Slept at 5.00 am and came to office like zombie. No matter what's the result the support is always for germany since they produced a good beer. Cheers!

Julie Lim said...

The Germans were not playing their best that day - didn't attack much and less ball possession.

Anyway, congratulations to Spain. They were lucky that day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...