Tuesday 16 September 2008

My Next Travel Adventure

I'll be backpacking to Laos for one week during the Christmas holidays this year. Just typing it out is already giving me the thrill!

The focus of this trip will be on Luang Prabang, a UNESCO Heritage City which is acclaimed to be a photographer's haven with its picturesque villages, unique architecture and friendly people.

I've booked my ticket (AirAsia, of course!) and drawn up an itinerary. Vientaine will be my point of entry into Laos. From there I'll take the night bus to Luang Prabang which is an 11-hour journey! I read that the buses are prone to breaking down, but these are experiences that makes travel memorable and fun.

Now I've got to get a new backpack and a pair of durable walking sandals and read, read read about Laos to understand and appreciate the country and its people when I get there.

Stay tuned for my travel adventures in Laos. The best is yet to come!

4 comments:

Angie Tan said...

wow, sound exciting heh, have fun venturing !! take load of pictures !! ; )

Julie Lim said...

I definitely will!

Will be travelling with my sis who is not a backpacker, so not much hope in saving money, hehehe.

M. Sirah said...

Hi Julie,

Thanks for visiting fedification.com! I had a few friends leave their Laos advice under your comment (and a few more coming) so make sure you check back. And good luck with your planning!


Mari

Julie Lim said...

Hi Mari,

You and your friends are such darlings!

I'll definitely go to fedicication.com again for more travel tips on Laos.

Thanks a million!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...