Thursday 5 March 2009

Earth Hour 2009 - Every Vote Counts!

Earth Hour is on.

On 28 March 2009 from 8.30pm - 9.30pm, thousands of people and hundreds of cities around the world will be switching off their lights to make a stand against global warming.

Because all of us are in different time zones, we won't be switching off our lights at the same time, so to speak. When Asia starts switching their lights off, the rest of the world will be lighted. And when Asia switches back on, it's time for Europe to switch off, followed the Americas and so forth. I wonder how it'll look like from outer space. Must look like some well coordinated, domino effect light show.

I'll be in my family house on 28 March and I'm going to propose to my mum, sis, bro and dog about Earth Hour.

I think my sister's Australian Silky Terrier will freak out cause she's afraid of the dark. Even when there's a blackout she'll run around restlessly.

But I think my brother will complain the most. You see, he loves watching the news and the prime time 8.00pm news is his fav. So imagine asking him not to watch for 30 min - he'll freak out. Maybe he can watch in the dark. Earth Hour is about switching off lights and not the television, right? Hahaha.

When we switch off the lights at 8.30pm, the neighbours will be wondering why are we sitting in the dark when the entire neighbourhood is lighted. They would be thinking we didn't pay our electricity bills, hahaha. But what the heck, we'll be joining billions of people around the world. We are going to make a difference, make a stand against global warming, because our earth is worth saving.

Care to make a difference?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...