Thursday 16 June 2011

"Different" Signboards in Phuket

I snapped photos of these 2 signages when I was in Phuket for a weekend getaway last month. One signage had a double meaning and the other was simply amusing. Here, take a look:

The 19th Hole?

The only thing I know about golf is that Tiger Woods is a womaniser. But when I saw this signboard, something must have trigged my synapses to tell me that there are only 18 holes in golf. What's the 19th hole? Go figure.



Husband Day Care Centre

We all know of day care centres for kids. But in Phuket there's a day care centre for husbands ;-) So ladies, please take note.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

19th Hole is a popular term in golf. Going from Hole 1 to 18, which takes 4 hours on average, you end it in a bar with a beer, which is referred as the 19th hole.

Julie Lim said...

Thanks Anonymous for the short lesson in golf :-) Otherwise I wouldn't have known ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...