Monday 7 July 2008

Concert Gone Wrong

I was at the Dewan Filharmonik Petronas in KLCC yesterday afternoon for a Chamber Concert, specially to listen to Johann Sebastian Bach's Brandenburg Concerto No. 4, one of my favourite classics.

But when I arrived there, there was an announcement saying that Brandenburg Concerto No. 4 will be replaced with Trio Sonata in D Minor, also another work of Bach.

What a bummer ... the Brandenburg Concertos are one of Bach's best work, and I was looking forward to seeing and hearing the musicians play it. Moreover I had good seats too, seats in the A category.

Sure I can listen to CDs, but nothing compares to listening and seeing a live performance of Bach's brilliance.
In the end I sat through the entire concert, which I did not enjoy at all. It was not the musicians; they were good. It was the choice of pieces - all so boring and monotonous. I kept looking at my watch and could not wait for the concert to end, which took longer than usual because of a 20-minute interval. However the third performance, String Quartet No. 13 in B flat was quite good.
After the concert I headed to the Signatures food court on Level 2 and wolfed down a plate of fettucine carbonara.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...