Monday 17 August 2009

Good Friends + Good Food = A Pleasant Sunday

Dave was in town last week and he was pining for Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding.

Roast Beef & Yorkshire Pudding.

So I made a few calls to find out which restaurant in KL served this traditional English dish.

On Sunday we met up and took a cab to The Green Man in Changkat Bukit Bintang for lunch.

At The Green Man they call it the Sunday Roast. It comes in a three-course meal which consists of Country Vegetable Soup, Roast Beef & Yorkshire Pudding and Ice-Cream. But you can opt to have the Roast Beef & Yorkshire Pudding on its own.


Dave giving a sexy stare as he digs into his meal. He calls it Yorkie Pudding.


I guess Dave must either be hungry or the food was good because he wiped his plate clean and then had a slice of my roast beef and finished all my Yorkie pudding! Anyway, I'm glad he had a chance to fill his tummy with his fav food before the 12-hour flight to London.

After seeing Dave off to the airport, Sue and Nik picked me up and we headed to Pavilion to look for a birthday present for Sue's daughter.

On the way there, Nik's car broke down but luckily we were already beside Pavilion. So Nik SOS-ed the mechanic while Sue and I walked to Pavilion.

After looking around, Sue decided on a green notebook for her daughter and got it wrapped in pretty green wrapper with a pretty green bow.

Then we went to The Loaf for drinks and pastries. I didn't take any pics of what we ate at The Loaf cause I completely forgotten I had a camera with me.

After stuffing our tummies, we went grocery shopping at Mercato before taking the cab to Sue's place to crash for a while.

Sue prepared dinner for us and we watched CSI: Miami and CSI: New York while enjoying the fruits of her hard work.

Chef Sue proudly showing off an onion whilst preparing dinner ;-)


Rice with egg sambal and soup makes a smashing meal!


Good Friends + Good Food = A Pleasant Sunday


3 comments:

aud said...

Hi Julie,

Oh the pud makes me hungry now..I 've seen The Green Man before so next time must drop by.

What are the prices like there?

Audrey

Anonymous said...

Slurrppp!!! Now I'm hungry! :-p

Julie Lim said...

Audrey,

I think it was RM59.00++ for the Roast Beef & Yorkie puds and RM54.00++ if you take the set.

Bon Appetite!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...