Tuesday 17 March 2009

Wrap Your Backpack

When I bought my backpack in December last year, the guy who sold it to me explained the importance of wrapping my backpack with cling wrap before checking it in at the airport.

Reason would be to prevent tear and damage since a backpack is not made of hardy material like a suitcase.

But the most important reason is to prevent bad people from slipping unwanted stuff into your backpack like drugs. There are many syndicates these days where syndicate members slip illegal stuff into your bag when you're not looking, with the hope that you'll be their 'personal courier'.

But if you do get caught, then the you're in deep shit. Excuses like "I don't know where that came from" will fall on deaf ears as the customs and police officers are used to hearing these kind of excuses daily.

So when I used my backpack for the first time during my trip to Laos, I made sure it was wrapped in cling wrap before I checked it in. So from this:



my backpack looked like this after wrapping:


Looks like a little ball.

Cling wrap services costs only RM8.00 per luggage at the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT). But not all airports have this service. So if you're travelling and want to clingwrap your luggage, you might want to consider having lots of spare cling wrap film at hand to do it yourself before coming to the airport. Alternately you could also buy cling wrap from most shops, but it might dent your travel budget, especially if you're on a tight one.

3 comments:

Salt N Turmeric said...

Julie, why did u check-in your backpack? Id carry it w me on board. :)

Julie Lim said...

Farina,

I need to check it in because my bagpack is too big to bring as hand luggage :-)

Salt N Turmeric said...

like that ah? i guess its good lah to cling-wrapped the bag since we dont know who will put what in the bag kan?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...