Wednesday 27 August 2008

Times Warehouse Books Clearance

I went to the Times Warehouse Books Clearance Sale last Saturday at the Hartamas Shopping Centre. I'm a Times Bookstore member and will make an effort to go for all its warehouse clearance sale because books are cheaper there compared to buying at the outlets.

Times used to have their warehouse clearance sale in Wisma Hamodal in Section 14, Petaling Jaya but I guess they must be relocating due to various reasons.

Like all Times warehouse sale, there was a wide variety of books, including bestsellers that were going at 30% off. I had a field day browsing and choosing the books in my wishlist.

Despite shortlisting my wishlist, I didn't realise I had spent RM330! This is what I got for that kind of money:

  • The Alchemist - By Paulo Coelho
  • Awaken the Giant Within - By Anthony Robbins
  • The Free Mind: A Lateral Thinking Approach - By Edward de Bono
  • French Verbs for Dummies - By Zoe Erotopoulos, PhD
  • Almost French: A New Life in Paris - By Sarah Turnbull
  • Talk to the Snail: Ten Commandments for Understanding the French - By Stephen Clarke
  • The Marine Corps Way: Using Maneuver Warfare to Lead a Winning Organisation - By Jason A. Santamaria, et al
  • Sex Signals - By Judi James
  • Australia - Lonely Planet
  • The Goodbye Summer - By Patricia Gaffney
Shoppers who spend minimum RM300 will receive a free gift of either a RM5 voucher or a Times notebook. I chose the notebook because the voucher only had a life span of 1 week and I didn't want to spend more money on books after blowing RM330.

So, mission accomplished - I've fulfilled my RM1,000 quota of books for income tax purposes. No more spending on books till next year. And I've added some superb books to my collection.

2 comments:

Angie Tan said...

you were right, asian writer are abit boring.. aicho, i'm suffering with my reading now... @_@

Julie Lim said...

Asian writers love to reminisce about nenek moyang stories and about life, using writing styles that will put you to sleep. Never read them on the LRT - you'll fall asleep and miss your stop.

Western writers write with spunk with lots of original ideas, thus engaging their readers. I remember reading The Da Vinci Code and Thorn Birds - couldn't put em down!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...