Friday 3 July 2009

Transformers - Less Than Meets The Eye


I managed to get not-so-great seats to watch Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen at GSC Pavilion last Wednesday.

After controlling my bladder throughout the 2.5 hour movie because I didn't want to miss a single scene, these are my comments about the movie.

Complicated Visuals
I can’t see where Optimus Prime’s eyes, nose, mouth and body parts are because the visuals are too complicated and the scenes changed too fast.

Keep things simple, man!

Steps to Transform
How many steps does it take for an Autobot or Decepticon to transform?

From the Transformers: Generation 1 cartoon series (my fav), my guess is an average of 5 steps.

In Michael Bay’s life-action version, I think it's an average of 10 steps. Ten steps to me is one step too many. By the time an Autobot transformed, the Decepticon would have whipped his arse.

Confusing Battle Scenes
During the battle scenes, I couldn't tell an Autobot apart from a Decepticon. This is because the movie was too fast moving.

Now I know why my sister's friend watched the movie 4 times.

Egypt
Did you know that for the Egypt scenes, the movie was shot in Cairo and Luxor (about 325 km apart), but made to look like it all happened at the Pyramids in Cairo?

I know cause I recognised the places, having been to Egypt a couple of years back.

I don't know bout you, but I don't like watching movies where the location is distorted.

It's like when Hollywood conveniently placed the Petronas Twin Towers along the Malacca river in the 1999 movie, Entrapment. How Malaysians crinched at that.

Now all the poor Transformers fans are going to visit the Pyramids in Cairo hoping to see the temples in the Valley of the King which are actually located in Luxor.

Autobots Battle Decepticons in Kuala Lumpur
If there is gonna be a third Transformers movie, I hope Michael Bay would consider using KL as one of the locations.

Imagine Optimus Prime shooting the crap out of Megatron while partially destroying the Petronas Twin Towers. Imagine Autobots engaging in gunfire with Decepticons on Jalan Ampang. Wouldn’t that be nice for a change?

I hope ...

Note: Julie has been a Transformers fan ever since she was a kid growing up in the 80’s. Optimus Prime and Bumblebee kept her entertained every week while mum took care of younger sister.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...